Lived at Elm Field in Leigham Court Road with his wife Constance and 10 children, including George Howard listed as a builder's son apprentice and 4 servants in the 1861 census. He is listed as a master builder and his father was Joseph Trollope (B. 31 July 1756)
George Trollope, younger son of Joseph took over the running of the family business along with his brother Joseph Amos Trollope.
In 1830 the company were paper hangers to King George IV, and in 1842 to Queen Victoria. The firm expanded into interior decoration. Later, in 1849, it expanded into estate agency, letting and controlling property for the Grosvenor Estates. A separate branch of Cabinet-makers, bearing the family name, was opened at West Halkin Street, becoming known as "The Museum of Decorative Arts" (run by George Robinson). In 1851, the firm became formally known as George Trollope and Sons.
Trollope built what is currently the Woodlawns Centre, a beautiful Victorian villa in Streatham at No16 Leigham Court Road, built as Barham House in 1868. It was built for the Drew family by George Trollope and sons and immediately became a family home for Joseph Harvey Trollope, one of George’s sons. It is known that this family firm constructed at least 17 houses along the road
1891 George Trollope took over the business. Trollopes built Claridge's Hotel and Alfred Beit's house in Park Lane. The firm also diversified into ship-fitting and the construction of country houses. (Grace's Guide)