The old Streatham Fire Station was opened in Mitcham Lane in December 1903. After 1889 the London County Council took over responsibility for the design of fire stations and its is likely that their Fire Brigade architects, under the superintendence of Owen Fleming, designed this building.
Only the left hand half of the original building survives, the right hand side of the station building was destroyed by an enemy bomb on 17th October 1940, which killed twelve firemen and seriously injured three others. The design, of the remaining portion, is in the very best Edwardian fire station tradition.
(Lambeth Planning: Streatham High Road and Streatham Hill conservation area statement)