The school was initially located in a house at 260 Brixton Hill, but continued expansion led in 1894 to a temporary move to a home in Palace Road to await the completion of the new building in Wavertree Road, Streatham Hill (now the location of the Prep School).
The building was opened by H.R.H. Princess Louise, Duchess of Argyll in 1895, and the school was soon renamed Streatham Hill High School. With the strong growth in the school’s academic reputation and pupil roll, Streatham Hill merged with Clapham High School in 1938, and was renamed ‘Streatham Hill and Clapham High School’.
(Streatham and Clapham High School)
Today the school is in Wavertree Road and the senior school in Abbotswood Road ( the site of Battersea Grammar School)