On 24th May 1813 St Leonard's School opened at the back of the White Lion Public House with 40 boys
The plan was to open the school on the Village Common, Tooting Bec Common next to the Streatham Workhouse. Subscribers were the Duke of Bedford, Earl Coventry, John Kymer, Reverend Hill, Mrs Thrale and the Streatham Cricket Club.
In 1837 there was concern regarding the suitability of a school adjacent to a pub and £1000 was raised to build a new school in Mitcham Lane near to Mrs Kymer's Girls School
In 1961 the school moved to its current location, on the site of Streatham Grammar School.
Source Tony Pizzoferro and John Brown St Leonard's Church of England Primary School: A Proud Heritage 1813-2013 available by completing a book request form https://www.streathamsociety.org.uk/publications.html