William Dent (1799-1892) lived at "Carlton House" Streatham Hill on the the site of Streatham Hill Theatre and Telford Court.
He was a Wine Merchant of the firm Dent Urwick and Yeatman which operated from 34 Great Tower Court in the City of London.
He lived at the house with wife Francis, two sons and a daughter and 4 servants (Census 1851)
The firm were one of the older wine merchants in the City of London and sole importers of Pol Roger Champagne, Hine Cognac and Taylors Port.
(Source "The Folks who lived on the Hill" by Janet Weeks. Available to buy from the Siciety https://www.streathamsociety.org.uk/publications.html)