Charles Voysey Jnr studied at the Architectural Assoc. School and the UCL Bartlett School of Architecture.
Between 1909 and 1912 he was articled to Horace Field and assistant to John James Burnet and to Horace Farquharson, before starting his own practice in 1912. John Brandon-Jones worked for Cowles-Voysey, became a partner in the business and finally took over the firm.
In 1912, Charles married Dorothea Denise Cowles (1885-1980) and amended his surname to Cowles-Voysey.