The Bell was discovered when Hill House was demolished in 1922. It weighs nearly half a hundredweight, and was secreted under a wooden staircase on an outside wall near the Dutch garden of the house. Mr. Baldwin stated the "The bell probably came from the Old Well House when the water dried up , and was preserved as a relic"
*This bell was bought by Mr Spiller of 50 Streatham Common North and we do not know its whereabouts now.. This bell was found at the Hill House and is often confused with another bell which hung at the Well House.,which is in the Geffrye museum*
*(John Brown, Streatham Society)*