The Bockett monument is situated in St Leonard's Church in memory of John Bockett's wives
The inscription reminds us of how large the Streatham Parish was when it strectched to the southern end of Clapham Common John Bockett moved to Streatham in 1829 and lived at "Westbury" the site of Clapham South underground station in Balham
Born in 1790 and a supporter of the British and Foreign Bible Society
He was Guardian of the Poor of Streatham and was active in the Balham part of the parish and was one of the first churchwardens of St Mary's church in 1855
(Source John Brown- Streatham Society).