Furzedown Farm watercolour 1898 by J. J. Haakman
Fursden Farm originated in the 16th Century which in 1684 was 30 acres and increased to 140 acres. With the building of Furzedown House some of the farm was turned into park and paddock land leaving a farm of 41 acres. This was a dairy and market garden concern and Ralph Blegborough demolished the old farmhouse and built the Regency Villas close to the common by Clairview Road. Fursden Farm was Furzedown Park Farm in the OS maps of 1892
Furzedown Farm, a farm of 64 acres, in the Mitcham Lane area extending down to Besley Street in operation by 1820 and developed by Ralph Blegborough.
Welford Farm originated as Furzedown Park Farm. Following Charles Seely purchasing Furzedown House in 1875 farming at Park Farm shifted to diary produce and became Welford Dairy Farm with shops in the area. With the development of housing the Welford Diary farmhouse moved to Ramsdale Road